- Install itself and set up database tables
- Put in a few sample feeds
- Pull feed entries down into the database.
- Display the list of feeds
- When you select a feed, display the items
I’m using Ember.js to power the GUI and it seems good, but the documentation isn’t as well developed as Backbone or Knockout. I might end up switching because I find myself stumbling on little things. Right now I think I’ve figured out how to mark items as read, but I’m not sure. That will be a big step – then it gets to wear big boy pants and become a real feed reader!
One thing that’s really helped is that the documentation for these libraries is also on github – so I can checkout the whole site locally and actually get some something to refer to when I’m coding on the subway.