Version 0.2, code named “Good Enough” is now out.
What is it?
UpFuckr is an open source Android uploader for FuckFlickr. FuckFlickr is open-source image gallery software that won’t narc you out. You host it yourself and it keeps things simple and easy. It was created by the Free Art & Technology lab as an alternative to hosting your photos on a certain Yahoo-owned photo sharing site.
What are the features?
- Share single or multiple photos from the Gallery
- Share to a main folder on your FuckFlickr or choose a folder on your fuckflickr for each upload.
- Create a new directory on your FuckFlickr site. You know, put in the name of the concert and then start taking pictures and uploading them there.
- Shows each picture as it uploads. Nifty!
Continue reading UpFuckr Released!
“Someone has too much free time!”
My hackles rise, my humours boil, and my smile disappears when I hear this. It is a defense of sloth, a milquetoast reproach of work and effort and love. But this post isn’t about that horror of a phrase. It’s about the folks who use their free time.
The world is lucky to have people with hobbies, people with passions and obsessions. To dismiss their effort instead of appreciating it is an insult.
I have friends who work their day jobs, but also run Etsy stores, or take time to produce art or write frequently updated blogs. These people enrich the world.
They do not have more free time. They are just using it differently. Consider what we do with our free time, consider we are always approaching death, consider our time as a currency of the current – will we invest it or spend it?
Will you write? Will you code? Will you design? Will you play? Will you craft? Will you photograph ? Will you volunteer? How will you enrich the world?
Will you produce or will you just consume?
We don’t have to change our whole lives to do a bit more. Sometimes, all it takes is committing to one weekend. Constraints mean scaling back to picking a doable task, and then doing it.
I’d love to hear about what you are doing with your free time.
- Twanna writes about sexuality in her off time. Tove’s fashion analysis blog wasn’t a job requirement, but a work of love. Georgia is writing a book and hopefully I’ll be linking to the amazon page sometime. (back)
- Aaron fights in the courts for software freedom, then finds the time to make free software like identifox, the best identi.ca client. (back)
- Erica’s jewelry is great. I love her Birdie TV pendant. (back)
- Katie Hasty writes about the music for her day job, but also plays in Numbers and Letters. (back)
- Jess’s craft shop is a side gig, and Michela -how does she come up with all of these amazing quilts! (back)
- Oh, the photo geeks I know… They are so good, it is intimidating. Chris Restrepo, Darrick Coleman, Michael Mallin, Chris Acton – but you don’t have to be as good as those guys. My flickr contacts page is full of folks who are just making some art or documenting their lives. (back)
- Katie Schmid worked her ass off as a law student and now a lawyer, but still serves as director of the Newtown Creek Alliance. (back)